Autumn is an excellent time to visit the island of Mallorca, as it is the transition between the unforgiving summer and the cold winter months. In this season the climate is warm in the sunny hours and cool in the afternoons.
Santa Ponsa offers activities that you can do during the autumn, when the number of visitors has decreased considerably, and you can take even more advantage of the attractions it offers.
The apartments in Santa Ponsa Sun Beach that we offer you are the perfect accommodation, thanks to our strategic location that will allow you to enjoy outdoor activities, gastronomy, shopping and events in splendid places.
In our website, we wanted to reflect 5 of the main plans to do in Santa Ponsa in the fall season, sure to offer the best care and service during your visit.
1. Enjoy the beach in Santa Ponsa
At the beginning of autumn, when there is still a warm climate, you can enjoy the beach of Santa Ponsa, which is one of the most beautiful and longest beaches on the island of Mallorca.
In that season you will find fewer visitors, allowing you to better enjoy the landscape and beach atmosphere. Count on the services and security for your peace of mind.
This beach has crystalline, deep and calm waters, ideal to enjoy with the family. But if you want to do water sports and activities, there are a variety of offers for you to have an unforgettable visit. Velomar, paddle surf and scuba diving are some of the activities you can do on this beach.
For the cleanliness conditions on Santa Ponsa Beach, he was awarded the Blue Flag prize from the Spanish Foundation for Environmental Education, for his work on a level of ecological responsibility.
In this beach you can do walks and water sports, also, you should not miss a sunset in the bay of Santa Ponsa, is another natural attraction of the area.
Other beautiful beaches to visit are:
– Cala Fornells. Composed of a small cove of sand, rocks and natural areas of shade, where you can relax. For your comfort there are basic services for a day at the beach.
– Calo de’n Pellicer. A cove with crystalline waters and fine white sand, for a spectacular day at the beach.
– White Cove. One of the most crystalline beaches in the Mediterranean Sea, where you can enjoy a quiet day in the sun or practice diving.
2. Culture and Arts
Autumn is the cultural season on the island of Mallorca, the popular Nit d’Art being known as the main event at the end of September.
During that night the old part of the city of Santa Ponsa comes to life, thanks to the boutiques, restaurants, galleries and museums that present wonderful collections of works by artists.
Concerts, exhibitions, festivals and cultural activities bring life and joy to the autumn months with local and international artists from the world of dance, music and art.
The end of summer and the beginning of autumn are marked by the commemoration of the arrival of King James I to the island, in 1229 (13th century), when the reconquest of the island from the Moors began.
These festivities include cultural activities and entertainment events, including parades of Mallorcan giants, medieval markets, the recreation of the battle of Moors and Christians on the beach of Santa Ponsa and the “Nit de Foc”.
The Nit del Foc is a tradition that attracts many people (especially Mallorcans) to Santa Ponsa. This festival is held on the beach, the night before the Sant Joan festival, where music and dancing predominate until the early hours of the morning.
Every Saturday there is a market in the streets of Santa Ponsa, where Mallorcan gastronomic products, textiles, jewellery, souvenirs, among others, are sold.
3. Excursions and walks
There are sites of historical, scientific and cultural value to which you can access through excursions:
– In Santa Ponsa, don’t miss out on promenades. There is a Nautical Club with more than 500 moorings offering promenade services to different parts of the island and other small islands.
– Cycling is another activity to do in Santa Ponsa, which you can practice safely and quietly in a perfect environment for it.
– Puig de Sa Morisca Archaeological Park, located at the top of the mountain, where you can admire prehistoric remains and spectacular views of the bay of Santa Ponsa.
This historical enclave was a prehistoric settlement and later a Muslim settlement.
– Torrente de Santa Ponsa: This is an excursion route suitable for all ages. It is wide and comfortable to walk. From the upper part of the route you will have a beautiful view of the Calvianers fields, the sea and the town centre of Santa Ponsa.
– The capital of the island, Palma de Mallorca, 20 kilometres away.
– Town of Calviá, located less than 10 kilometres away.
4. Golf in Santa Ponsa
You can visit, practice or learn Golf in Santa Ponsa where there are 3 courses, of which only one is open to the public. This golf course is located at Avenida Golf s/n 07180 in Santa Ponsa.
The Santa Ponsa golf course is located on the outskirts of the municipality of Calvià. There you can find golf shop, clubhouse, cart rental, practice course, pitch and putt greens.
5. Enjoy the Gastronomy
Along the coast of Santa Ponsa there are restaurants, bars, beach bars and supermarkets, where you can enjoy a spectacular variety of traditional and international dishes.
They are especially located along Avenida del Rei Jaume I and Calle Ramón de Montcada, with a terrace overlooking the sea.
Among the main restaurants most visited we propose the following:
– Restaurant 7 Fuegos, in the Nautical Club of Santa Ponsa.
– Las Adelfas, located in the residential area of Nova Santa Ponsa.
– 800 Grad Celsius, for meat lovers.
– Mesón del Rey Mallorcan restaurant.
– Mesón del Mar.
– Il Vivo Italian Urban Style.